I absolutely love movies and TV shows. I come from a family of movie and TV lovers and to this day, we all quote the same movies and shows over and over. There’s nothing better, in my opinion, than finding a REALLY good show that you simply HAVE to finish in one sitting! I have soo many favorites that it was hard to narrow down just five, but I decided to go with five shows off the top of my head where I shut my phone off, locked my doors and binge-watched for days on end because I was obsessed. Now I will say that I have a wide array of favorites in different genres, so these might not float everyone’s boat, but I highly recommend each one of them!
- The Haunting of Hill House- Oooh I love me some horror! I decided to start watching this after staying home sick from work and let me tell you that in just three days, I started and finished this show. I thought it was absolutely amazing especially for a horror TV show. It was so well made! Can we talk about the seamless camera shots (especially episode 6!)? For those of you who don’t know, The Haunting of Hill House television show is based off a book by Shirley Jackson with the same title. The show centers around a family dealing with the terrors of living in a house that is haunted, but flashes back and forth from past to present times. Even if you aren’t a fan of horror, I would still check this one out for sure.
- You- Ok so I JUST started this one and I’m almost done with it! Before it even premiered they renewed it for another season so I knew I had to jump on that train! You is a show which is also based on a book and it’s about a bookstore manager who meets a young aspiring writer and begins to stalk her. He uses social media and technology to manipulate her into falling in love with him. It’s so creepy and interesting and a bit suspenseful! The thing that makes this show different is that each episode is in the stalker’s perspective and you actually agree with him at times (I know, crazy).
- Breaking Bad- I know, I’m super late to the party with this one. Chris and I binged this one a few months ago and man were we missing out. This was definitely a show that I thought I wouldn’t be into, but after watching the first season I was all in. Once it starts it just keeps getting crazier and crazier. The characters and the acting are fantastic.
- Big Little Lies- Almost time for season two!!!! This show is a roller coaster of emotions! I think I started and finished this one in two days. Big Little Lies is about a group of mothers who have seemingly perfect lives, but once you get into it, you’ll see that there are plenty of secrets and scandals with a big old twist at the end. Every person in this show absolutely kills it with their performance. I can’t wait to see more!
- Game of Thrones- I can’t make a binge series list without GoT. I don’t know who wouldn’t?! In just a few short months we’ll see the conclusion to this amazing show and I cant wait! This is seriously the best show on television and is absolutely a must-binge. I’ve been with it since the beginning and I’ve never had so many emotions for the finale of a show! I have no doubt that it will be epic!
I could honestly go on forever with endless amounts of great television shows (maybe a part two in the future?). Let me know your favorites and any recommendations below in the comments!